Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holidays





Been an interesting past couple of weeks.
On the 14th we remembered the 12th anniversary of my father's death and had apple pie. (it was his favorite) We also had a farewell "party" for our old dog Blue with lots of treats and love for him. He was 11 and starting to decline rapidly and my husband felt the most humane option would be to put him down. We took him in on the 15th.
This is Blue when he was in his prime. We got him from a family when he was 5 years old, he was too much dog for them and one day while running crashed into the lady's leg and broke it at the knee. They mostly kept him tied up near the sidewalk. He was a sweet dog, incredibly dumb though, but very very sweet.

One, I almost want to say luxury-because it is in a way, of losing a pet-as opposed to a person, is it is easy to fill that void that is left. I knew putting Blue down would be very hard on the kids, so the day before we took him in, my husband and I picked up a puppy. The kids and husband have been wanting a small breed dog for awhile, and I found a chihuahua/eskimo puppy that was a rescue.
So...this is Daisy
She has made a seamless adjustment into our household. Leia who outweighs her by about 50 lbs at least seems to really like her and they play together a lot.
While wrapping gifts on Christmas Eve my husband and I wanted to see if she fit into a stocking...and she did..

Christmas went well. My husband said I did a great job with making the day special for everyone (even if I didn't feel it) Im glad they all felt that way. I took photos Christmas morning because it was such a beautiful start to the day and such a contrast from last years.

1 comment:

Hermana Linda said...

What a sweet post. Hugs and blessings to you. <3