Thursday, January 28, 2010

Later in the day....

I finished my paper with it and am pretty happy with the job that I did. I got an extension on another assignment that was due...involves me finding two different sources to analyze a commonly presented stereotype in popular media. All I can think of doing it "Idiot Dad" It bugs me beyond belief how men are presented as absolute buffoons in sitcoms, kids movies, other movies.

A lady from the boys cub scouts group brought us dinner tonight...vegetarian chili, tortilla chips, salad and a bottle of wine. The food was good, and the wine is anticipated. We usually watch movies on Thursdays and tonight the movie is 8 Femmes.

I am better now...I think this morning was a momentary freak out. I managed to also get the house pulled back together and re-organised a cupboard. My husband also presented to me that we DO have the option whenever I want for him to transfer to a sunny locale. So tempting.....

Chances are though, we will stay in Ohio and when he retires in 10 years, Im thinking we will do the 2 house thing...one here...and one in a place that I can escape to in the winter...because Fall is lovely...and Spring is exhilarating. It is just winter.

3 comments:

abby said...

Idiot dad is a great idea for a media stereotype thing. Do you ever read Sociological Images? They like to talk about that. Glad your day turned around. Winter is hard under the best of circumstances. You've got a doozy of a circumstance going right now.

really.truly said...

I'm catching up on your blog....hope you are well.

really.truly said...

I'm catching up on your blog....hope you are well.