Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Coyote in our yard



Just for an idea of the distance from my house the photo above was taken out my office window with a 55mm lens...50 mm is about the same as the eye sees. Running through the "tree corral" behind the fence
Standing and looking in the back field.
Standing and looking through the fence in the dog yard

Who he was looking for...smaller coyote..probably a female in lower left corner kind of crouched down
After that they went into the far back field past the tree line and walked into the woods behind our house that we hike in.
Quite the exciting morning.

3 comments:

Sheri (green and Crunchy) said...

What a thrill!
I have never seen a coyote but I'm betting it was pretty exciting.
Very cool for your kiddos to see.
Your pics are great, thanks for sharing!

Rachel (Hounds in the Kitchen) said...

That's awesome. I've only seen dead coyotes. I wish I could live out where you do!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this. How exciting! It's one thing to see them in books and zoos to learn about them, but to actually see a real live coyote in the wild is awesome. In Southern Ohio we see them hit along the road, very sad. The most exciting thing we have seen in our yard is a wild turkey and many birds at the feeder (once a woodpecker), oh and..my neighbors cat. One time we counted 30 doves at our feeder, so cool.
Thanks again for sharing your photos.